View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Zil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiBBa View Post
I rather have Tortorella than Renney...Renney is just too soft imo. I think Tortorella made a comment about the Rangers this past season and asked..."How come the Rangers aren't scoring goals with that lineup?" Plus Tortorella won a Stanley Cup with a horrible franchise now thats something. Tortorella>Renney any day. Renney would be a perfect coach for the Hartford Wolfpack...he works well with young kids. Now for Tortorella he makes veterans and young players work their butts off and he fires them up. Plus, while he was here...he wasn't give the chance to coach for a full season...he liked coach maybe 5 games at the end of the season when Ron Low got fired or someone else...I couldn't remember.
I fail to see how the offense is Renney's fault. Who were our big guns other than Jagr and Gomez? Drury scores but he's not the kind of guy to carry an offense. Shanahan and Straka were clearly over the hill especially in the second half of the season. Avery missed a lot of games with injuries. Dubinsky and Dawes spent most of the year finding their bearings in the NHL before producing in the second half. Callahan may yet be a 15-20 goal scorer, but he was technically a rookie as well. As much as I think Prucha still has potential, he had an off year. Who else was supposed to score? It's not like we had a Leetch or a Zubov on the blueline or something. Maybe Renney could've juggled the lines less and given the kids a little more powerplay time, but most of the offensive production is the players' responsibility.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote