View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 12:59 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
FROM NEOFURY

When you think of all the horrible movies made about superheroes over the years:

Batman post batman returns (and somewhat even the first 2) Batman Begins was very dark and good. I like it.
GhostRider (Most piss poor comic book to movie of all time practically) Haven't seen it.
Daredevil (yuck) I loved this film. Ben Affleck was very good at a role I thought he couldn't pull off. It wasn't a classic by any means, but a great popcorn flick. If you haven't seen the Director's Cut, check it out.
Spiderman 3 (yuck) Liked it. Not great, but good.
X-Men 3 (dissapointing) This was awesome. I liked the fact that so much action was put in.
The Hulk (remake looks like it might be good, but the movie NEEDS A REMAKE, nuff said) Didn't enjoy this one and somehow, they even made Jennifer Connelly not look attractive. It sucks two because the cast was incredible (Bana is awesome, Connelly is gold).
Fantastic Four (let's face it, the first one sucked too) Good enough. I didn't think it was great, but I enjoyed it. Chris Evans was great.
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (sucked) Loved this one and not just because of the Surfer. Evans had a more prominent role in this one and the movie was better. Coincidence? Think not.

Now lets look at which ones were average or above average:

The Punisher (sleeper hit imo) Meh. It was okay.
Spiderman 1 + 2 Great films. First is better than the second.
X-Men 1 + 2 #2 might be the best superhero film of all time. #1 was okay, but I won't go out of my way to watch it.
Sin City Haven't seen it.
300 Incredible movie, though I wouldn't call it a superhero movie.
Ironman Haven't seen it yet.

-----------------

ADD TO BAD LIST;
Elektra Had a tough time watching this.
Captain America
The Punisher (original. Good enough movie, just doesn't stay true to character at all).

ADD TO GOOD LIST;
Hellboy One of the best.
Superman Returns I never had high expectations going in, so it passed them easy.
My Super Ex-Girlfriend Not really a superhero movie per se, but it was very funny.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote