View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 04:33 AM
sandman08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Marleau has had more success duriung the regular season?? Other than two seasons with Joe Thornton, tell me what he has done long-term.

I'm just flabbergasted. If people watched the seven playoff games Koivu played, he was a warrior and he was productive. If we have to trade to get better, look elsewhere.

Trade proposals
too much emphasis is put on the numbers listed when koivu's size is brought up and nothing more imo. as i said somewhere else, in the playoffs, he steps up, the key is how many times was his physical stature a definite problem that directly resulted in a goal against and how many times did he score or set up a goal where his physical limitations seemingly didnt exist (ie. how many goals did he get in the "rough areas" and by not playing a perimeter game?)

if you want to call it a "+/-" issue you can, but its not really representative given its not so much "was he on the ice" as opposed to "was he on the ice and beat because hes "not big enough" to compete" and the he was just outmuscled/out hit, i can think of only 1 occasion against philly where he was beat (game 4) by carter i believe but koivu still put up numbers and didnt shy away from the rough stuff either.

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote