View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Some people here need to start thinking like a GM and less like a hab-fan or anti-leaf fan.

Sundin is a fantastic player and yes - a clutch player. Toronto is similar to Montreal with media spotlight, pressure, etc. Sundin has been the captain there for a long time and has handled the media scrutiny relatively well if you ask me. So going to Montreal wouldn't be that much of an adjustment for him.

However, I still maintain that there is no way Sundin goes to the habs, no way. I think (and this is just my opinion) that Sundin is generally a loyal player. He wanted to remain a Leaf, and didn't want to abandon ship even when he could have gone to a contender and had a chance at the cup. He didn't want to go. Some leaf fans hate him for it because he could have helped improve the team, but some fans love him for it because he wanted to stay a Leaf.

I just cannot fathom the hatred that Leaf fans would have for Sundin if he went to the habs. It would be bad enough if he chose to go elsewhere this season, but going to Montreal just wouldn't work.

Can any of you imagine Koivu going to the Leafs if the situations were reversed (if the habs were in decline and Koivu was UFA and didn't waive his no-trade clause and then signed with the Leafs in the off-season).

No way.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote