View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 08:43 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the question on Byers becomes can he pllay the type of game he needs to be successful while in Petr Nedved's body? He is decent around the AHL net because he has size to plant himself there and get positioning. But is that size enough for the NHL to play a similar game or is he going to have to adjust? That's been my biggest issue with him and I continuously bring up the Alexander Giroux comparison. Same frame. Uses his body to his advantage, but really can't do that in the NHL because players are stronger and thus he's not as effective, and it's not like we're talking about a skilled speedster with 35-40 AHL goals. We're talking about a kid who relies on his size to get 20 NHL goals. What kind of production does that translate into in the NHL? On the other hand, will he get bigger? I think he's been the same weight for a couple years, so I really do not know.
You can't really trust those listed numbers. He's a big kid and I wouldn't doubt that he's actually around 210-215 now.

He had a good camp this past year. If he has another good camp, I can see him sticking with the team. One of the concensus needs for this team is bigger wingers. Byers fits that need.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote