Old
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
In a way, I feel bad for Tyutin.

I think he's a good defenseman, not great, but still good.

I just have a feeling (and always have) that it will not quite be enough for some people. I think people really had the wrong idea about him when he was coming up through the system.

Talent wise - Tyutin should be a 10 goal, 45-50 point player. But I'm not sure the sum of his parts will never quite add up to what they should.
This argument doesn't really have anything to do with Tyutin's current troubles.

I remember you bringing this up back when Tyutin was doing well, hitting, playing positionally sound hockey. He just was not putting up points. That seems to be the crux of your argument. That people thought he was going to be a different defender because of his OHL totals and prior success offensively.

But we're talking about a guy who regressed markedly from the second half of the season on. That's not people expecting too much from him or having the wrong idea of him. He stopped hitting, and he was abandoning the solid style of hockey that made him valuable. He became a time bomb with the puck.

It's not a problem for fans to want to know why he lost a form he held for quite some time. He's my favorite player, but I certainly don't feel bad for him.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote