View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'm with Squishy here.

I'd agree that Korpikoski, Byers, Moore, Potter, Baranka are the closest to being NHL ready.

Peoples expectations about Sangs seem to be driven by the howling need we have for a PP QB.
I agree Moore is one of the most NHL ready, but I'm not convinced he'll be able to do much at the NHL level at this point. At least, based on what I saw of him this year. He looked like a journeyman 4th liner. But...we'll see, he also didn't get a lot of time to acclimate either.

And yes, the calls for Sanguinetti are silly. Staal was one of those rare cases that can jump straight from juniors to the NHL (and who wasn't a top 5 draft pick) and it's very likely that Sanguinetti needs much more time to develop than Staal did. Especially for an offensive defenseman.

I don't know why so many people have jumped on the Sanguinetti bandwagon and expect him to compete directly for a NHL spot this coming season, but I'd be very very surprised if that happened. He needs time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
also no way Sanguinetti would start playing on the top d pair right away. Some people need to get realistic about how Sangs is going to start out. He's probably not going to be a top performer right away but will take a year or two in the NHL before he starts to hit is groove.
This too. I feel like people are placing unrealistic expectations on the kid and if he doesn't make the Rangers next year and then go to win the Calder, then people are going to be upset.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote