View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
But you'd rather have Gomez's INFERIOR 16G 54A 70PTS and Drury's 58PTS lead this team? Got new for you, than we aren't a playoff team. Jagr coasting half the year was still more productive than the top to "elite" players we signed. What does that make them? Stop giving Jagr the flack. Don't blame the PP on him. Wasn't there a whole seperate unit of Gomez, Drury, Shanny, etc; that also couldn't get it done? What was their excuse? Lack of talent? No, blame Perry Pearn for an ineffective PP and the lack of a true QB but not Jagr's one PP unit.

OH, and we complain how Jagr coasted all season BUT we are talking about signing a guy who also came off one of his worst seasons ever with 67PTS (less than Jagr). And a guy who will cost several million more. What's the logic there?
Every player no matter how great begins to slow down. If anyone doesn't think Jagr hasn't reached that stage then they are not looking close enough. The thing that irritated me was that alot of the times he looked like he wasn't trying. Who can forget that play this year when he coasted to the bench, had the puck go between his legs, which lead to an opposition breakaway goal.

I think Gomez and Drury did great for FIRST YEAR FA signings. It's rare that they play well in their first year. I'd bet their second years are much better.

I also thought that Dubinsky was one of our top 3 forwards down the stretch and playoffs.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote