View Single Post
Old
05-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Istvan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
During Game 5, I believe it was the 2nd Flyer goal, Richards blew thru the neutral zone while Lapierre was stationary, trying to trap, but waiting on his heels. I thought that play was an example of young players just not 'getting' it yet. A guy like him has to understand how to take away space on his side of centre.

Ratther than dream of deals for guys like Marleau that I'm starting to think come with baggage, do what Gainey says. What was his comment yesterday, youy can get better players or make your players better. As the kids mature, little but important things will have to be learned.
Along similar lines BG also said something about a good team growing together as a team. An improved Lapierre has an intangible added value over a newcomer of similar ability simply by virtue of having been a part of the team growth.

Speaking of "kids", if the Habs choose to replace Brisebois, Smolinski and Dandenault with O'Byrne, Chipchura and Stewart/D'Agostini respectively the team becomes even younger.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote