My Ideal 2008-2009 Lineup
View Single Post
05-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Section 208 Row 15
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by
Other Notable Forwards
- Switches with Sjostrom when needed
Forwards Let Go from 2007-2008
Brendan Shanahan (Retired)
Newly Acquired Forwards
Michael Ryder (Signs a 1 year deal worth 3.0$ million)
Korpikoski (From Hartford)
Sean Avery signs one year deal worth 3.5$ million.
Jaromir Jagr signs one year deal worth 5.5$ million.
Martin Straka signs one year deal worth 3.0$ million.
Nigel Dawes signs two year deal worth 1.9$ million (950K cap hit).
Fredrik Sjostrom signs one year deal worth 800K.
Other Notable Defenseman
Defenseman Let Go from 2007-2008
Newly Acquired Defenseman
Brooks Orpik (Signs two year deal worth 4$ million with a cap hit of 2$ million)
Ivan Baranka (From Hartford)
Paul Mara signs one year deal worth 2.0$ million.
Stephen Valiquette signs one year deal worth 800,000$.
* Not including possible bonuses for Straka, Jagr, etc.
* Cap hit of 52,948,000$ million.
I like what you have here, but I see a few problems:
1) Our defense isnt any better than last year, and still very young. (Which isnt necessarily a bad thing ). Also, we still dont have the main component we need so badly- the PP quaterback.
2) Your assuming (which is highly unlikly) that Jagr and Avery will sign one year deals, which they both publically said they dont really want to do. Avery is a little overpaid in my opinion as it is, but who knows, maybe a 2 year deal gets done.
3) Once all those 1 year deals expire, then what happens? Wouldnt it be better to start
a team around Gomez and Drury? After this year, were back to square 1 again, with one year less on both of thier contracts.
Anyway, I really like the lineup you have here. Maybe if we could Jagr and Avery for multi years and possibly Ryder. Maybe drop straka, fill it with Prucha, and get a PP point guy? Something along those lines. By the way, Backman is not an UFA
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by BlueShirts88