View Single Post
Old
05-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I am buying a new stick and I was wondering if any one had info and stats on the Malkin Iginla and Hossa Curve. Lie, curve positioning and depth, openness of toe. Also, what does a 3/8 curve mean and what does a 12 mm curve mean? What are the strengths of each blade.

I use an Iginla currently, but would like something with either a bit more curve or a bit more loft. I felt the Malkin had a bit more loft, but the same or even less curve, the Hossa had more curve.

The Hossa is pretty similar to the Iginla. It shouldn't play any different. Both are 1/2" deep mid curves, slightly open. The Malkin is the PM9 curve, which is similar to the Easton Forsberg. It's a 3/8" deep mid-heel curve, slightly open.

I've used mainly the Iginla and Forsberg for the last year or more. The Forsberg seems to get the puck up in the air quicker because the curve is closer to the heel and there is a bit less curve to spin the puck. Typically I take more snapshots because the puck is easier to control and aim and flutters if I try to put too much spin on a wrist shot. The Iginla keeps the puck down a bit more (which is nice because I shoot high way too much) and puts more spin on the puck, but it's a bit harder to control where I'm aiming.

I bring them both and switch if something's not feeling right. They aren't night and day different, just a little different.

If you want more curve, check out the P88 Lindros curve, which is a bigger mid curve than the Iginla. The P92 Naslund or Sakic curve has more loft than the Iginla but plays a lot different.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote