View Single Post
Old
05-09-2008, 12:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Avery (3.5$) - Dubinsky (633K) - Jagr (5.5$)
Korpikoski (1.02$) - Gomez (7.36$) - Hossa (8.0$)
Dawes (950K)- Drury (7.050$) - Callahan (600K)
Sjostrom (800K)- Betts (615K) - Byers (608k)

extra: Colton Orr (550K)

Forwards: $37.216 mil

Liles (3.0$) - Staal (765K)
Tyutin (2.844$) - Girardi (1.5$)
Baranka (475K) - Backman (2.3$)

extra: Pock (.667k)

defense: 10.84

Lundy - (6.875)
Vally - (.6715)

Goalies - 7.5465

total: $55.6025

Kind of tight but it could work if Jagr has a majority of this money in bonuses b/c of the wasted cap hit. Hopefully all the rest of the games in the playoffs go 7 games b/c that will increase revenue and will increase the cap a little more next year.

Could work even better if we don't resign Avery (b/c he wants to much) and give Straka an incentive laden deal w/ a base salary of like $1.5mil in which his incentives can go up to $3. Like 20 goals $1 mil. 65-70 pts pts ($1mil). Ones that arent too easy but that are definately achievable.
That is a pretty good lineup, I just think that Liles might get more then $3 million per. Somewhere around $4-$5 million might be his asking price, puttin the Rangers over the cap. I'm also guessing you are dealing Prucha away because you didn't put him in the line up nor is he an extra, because his $1.7 million (or whatever he gets) would count against the cap as well.

The D still seems a bit weak and very young, but that is more than likely what the Rangers D will look like next season. We know Backman, Staal, Tyutin, and Girardi will be there (barring any deals). The remaining two spots could be filled by UFA or one of the two could be filled by a prospect. I would still like the Rangers to give Orpik and Liles a look for those last two spots. Only way that would be feasible would be if Hossa wasn't signed. Gotta weigh your options. Do you want more offensive depth or upgrading the blueline?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote