View Single Post
Old
05-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
I'll take out the older issues soon, I promise. I'm just lazy.

Here's Max and Ryan's bio's from last year though if anyone's interested.

Max Pacioretty:

Quote:
Max Pacioretty has displayed a lot of improvement this season in the USHL and scouts are expecting that trend to continue next season at the University of Michigan.
One scout even compared Pacioretty to Erik Cole of Carolina.
"He's a big strong kid and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be able to develop into a really good player," a scout said. "He skates well and hits hard, but I would question his hockey sense a litte bit."
At 6-foot-1 and 203 pounds, Pacioretty is big enough to fill the role of a power forward and does a good job of going up and down the wing.
"He could become the prototype power forward," another scout said. "He needs to work on his game, but he doesn't have a lot of experience at a high level."
Pacioretty spent two years under coach Danny Murphy at Taft Prep in Connecticut before moving on to older competition in the USHL.
Ryan McDonagh:

Quote:
When you're this good, they call you Mister.
Ryan McDonagh was named Mr.Hockey as the top high school player in Minnesota this season and was named the most valueable player of the state championship tournament, which he helped his Cretin-Derham team win.
Most Minnesota high schoolers end up going to the Univerity of Minnesota, but McDonag will attend Wisconsin next season.
"He's the best player in high school," one scout said. "He does everything right and he has good offensive skills. He's also good defensively and he can hit and skate."
Another scout said McDonagh is the kind of player who does all the little things right and that his contributions don't necessarily show up in the scoring summaries.
"He plays a good two-way game." he said. "He kind of plays a quiet game, but it's effectively quiet."

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote