View Single Post
Old
05-10-2008, 10:07 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maybe, I saw Giroux once in the Q. He scored two weak goals on Pelletier and set up another one. Pelletier got pulled and Yetman came back in. The game was seemingly over until Voracek pulled a four point night out of nowhere and won the game for the Mooseheads.

That battle of Giroux vs. Voracek, Voracek hugely crushed Giroux. Again, one game, that's it.. but I wasn't highly impressed with Giroux in the WJC this year.
After seeing a lot of Piques games this year, I can safely say that Giroux shoudln't have been playing in the Q this year, but in the AHL. He was wayyyyyy too strong for the league. In most games, every time he took control of the puck, he would be a man amongst kids. It was absolutely sickening. In the playoffs, he put Voracek in his backpocket from the get go. Voracek was not even CLOSE to Giroux's magnificience and game savvy. Voracek was contained pretty easily, compared to Giroux.

Before getting Quesnel and complete a better 2nd line unit, the Piques' offence was on Giroux's. All teams had to do was shut down his line and that was it. And it happened on some nights. But on others, boy...

The only reason why Giroux didn't finish 1st in points this season was because of the worlds. If he would have stayed in the league, my guess is he would have finished with at least 10 points over his closest opponent. The playoffs proved it.

The guy was too strong for the Q.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote