View Single Post
Old
05-11-2008, 10:09 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
I think we need two more quality puck movers on D and need to find a couple guys who will go to the net like Holmstrom and Franzen.
I think Gainey's comments apply here. His words about improving from within. I think we tend to look at our players and see what's lacking, then look outside. That's fine, if you look at finished products. Holmstrom came into the league wanting to muck it up down low, but it took a long time for him to become productive at it.

Good puck moving d men is a good way to describe them, but I think the elements are on the team or witrhin the system. From what BG said in his wrap up, I think that's the org's view. To bolster the defensive corps, with better passing abilities, who leaves ? The 1st pairing is fine, despite a sub par playoff. I can see discussion on who plays with Hamrlik, be it Streit, O'bryne. The bottom pairing is fine, esp. as a bottom pairing. Bouillon isn't a great passer and is what he is, a 6th d man, who brings a bit of intangible at times, but I don't see where a new guy's fitting in, unless a rookie forces a change.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote