View Single Post
Old
05-11-2008, 09:56 PM
redmachine54

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
What we need to develop as a team is an absence of softness. In all aspects of the game.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLine View Post
Kovalev displayed this extremely well against the Flyers (I think). He stood in front of the net and got 2 goals doing it.

I think he did a great job showing his team how to run the power play in the playoffs. Unfortunately, no one decided to do it before him.
Agreed. I think a useful strategy next season would be to try and sit Latendresse in front of the net; if we wants to play finesse hockey at even-strength, that's fine, but during power-plays, try him in front of the net. I don't know if Shutt liked the types of goals he scored, but he got 'em, and he net 60 in one season. I'm saying Latendresse = Shutt, but I think if you have a means of scoring, might as well try to use it.

(A little side story, I did the same thing in minor-league (AAA) hockey. I liked to try and play nice, smooth hockey, but I was 6'0", 230 pounds, and didn't have the speed to do it properly. Nobody liked it when I sat in front of the net, since it was an unwritten rule to not do it I guess, and the refs even told me to stop, but I did it anyway. Obviously, it's just minor league hockey, but I had some pretty good 'seasons', if you will, doing that.)

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote