Joe Colborne on RDS/TSN at 1PM today
View Single Post
05-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Join Date: Aug 2007
Originally Posted by
I watched the game, so I'll just give a quick recap of what i saw from Colborne
: - Size obviously, at 6'5 190pds he has a lot to work with
- Very good skating stride, fast when he wants to be
- Excellent passing ability, made some very crisp passes
- Willingness to go in front of the net
: - Lack of intensity, he seemed to just float around the ice alot today. He didnt get involved in the play and just waited for the puck to come to him it seemed
- Could be more physical considering his size, however he did throw a few checks
- Faceoffs. If my memory serves me correctly, he was pretty awful in the circle. He lost the majority of his draws
Overall, i wasn't very impressed by Colborne's performance today. What concerned me the most was definitely his lack of intensity and involvement in the play. If he was playing injured, i could possibly understand. However i did see flashes of his ability. Very big frame, smooth skater, good passer, and went to the front of the net often. He didnt utilize his shot often, so i cant comment on that. I can see the big potential in this prospect, however the lack of intensity really scared me.
what is wrong with you people? Can you read what Jaydee said like 20 inches higher??? Separated shoulders.
Good analysis nevertheless.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Chomsky