Thread: CBC Hotstove
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
I like Bob for his leadership(remember when he called out those that were booing Brisebois and other things like that). But let's face it the Habs has had success this year despite the moves that Gainey has failed to pull off whether it's trades, signings, etc...Remember before the season that just ended it was disbelief amongst fans that we would start the season weaker than the previous year. All we had to show for was Harmlik and Smolinski. Hammer sure solidified our D but it was the emergeance of the Kostitsyn Bros., Kovalev, Plekanec and Komisarek that made the Habs save face in the end. You could say that sure guys like Carbo did a great job in putting every elements together. And Bob hired these guys. But I find it hard to look beyond what Timmins gave to the club who to me is the real hero in this. I'm giving the nod to Bob and Carbo for stirring the ship toward the right path but not as far as doing moves to make them a contender. Heck I would say at least Carbo experimented like crazy by having defensemen becoming forwards when he had no more resources. Like I said Bob is a great leader but there was a lot of luck this year.

As far as the Leafs' GM I would think somebody like Doug Risebrough would make sens because I firmly believe that Jacques Lemaire would make a terrifick GM and could replace him in Minnesota. Lemaire was always a highly intelligent man and he was a huge loss to the Habs as Assisstant GM when he left for New Jersey. Even Serge Savard seemed lost and started making dumb moves when he didn't have Lemaire anymore. The guy also loves coaching but after hearing him on radio the other day he said he was a little tired of doing that. The only problem would be that Doug is a Hab at heart and would rather burn his own face than to join the Leafs. That would be a great reason.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote