View Single Post
Old
05-12-2008, 09:17 AM
skule123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
They hate us more than we do, that part they cant hide. And it has become even more intense this season since we went up in the rankings and they almost didnt qualify for the playoffs.

They see their team going down, with no real prospects for the future, no coach and no progress hockey wise in sight.

No wonder the hate is there.
The Sens fans on HFBoards are in no way representative of the vast majority of Sens fans living in Ottawa, not by a long shot. That's probably true for a lot of the fans and fanbases here: most of the regular posters here are a special kind of zealot and extremist.

I say this as a guy who has been attending 5-10 Sens games a year since they came to Ottawa (even at the Civic Center, probably the worst NHL facility I have ever been in), cheering Montreal when they're here, and the Sens at all other times. Most Sens fans are pretty cordial to me when I'm wearing the opposing colours, and the rivalry is a friendly one.

From browsing their board, their passionate HFboards Hab haters generally seem to say that they really hate the team because of the "fans" (usually stemming from somewhat illogical generalizations), and don't even really have that much negative to say about the team beyond trying to force the "choker" label for reasons they themselves just finished arguing. I can understand why from a cognitive dissonance perspective they are forced to focus on the fan non-issue, given how many parallels exist between the teams, their management, and even how the Canadiens' progress is mirroring the progress of the early contending Sens teams.