View Single Post
Old
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
My two favorites:

1) On the heals of an interview where Glenn Healey said that Keenan is very different from Al Arbour, Keenan called Healey into his office for a chat:

Keenan: So, what's difference between me and Al Arbour.

Healey: Four Cups.

Keenan: GET THE **** OUT OF MY OFFICE.

2) Mike Gartner and Mike Hartman were both in Keenan's doghouse. They were also very intimidated by him. They had played very little in a game (I think both were benched for the entire second period). With about 7 minutes left in the third and the Rangers losing, Keenan yells, "Mike Gartman get out there!" Neither of them knew who he was talking to/about.
I leant the book to a friend of mine--also a big Ranger fan and we've laughed over 2) several times. The Healy chat I didn't remember but that's hilarious as well. Keenan looks into the weight (?) room and sees a couple of his black aces and one of his regulars--says Hi to the regular and completely ignores the others. He's all over Leetch for a large part of the season--always telling him things like 'you're no Chelios'. Maybe it did Brian good though. That was his best season and in the playoffs he was just a monster and he was just throwing huge hits. He must have rocked Claude Lemieux (just ass over teakettle) at least three times in the Devils series. I never saw him hit people like that before or since.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote