Donald Brashear-Patrick Sharp-Branko Radivojevic

Fedoruk, Somik

Malakhov-Markov
Desjardins-Johnsson
Pitkanen-Ragnarsson

Seidenberg

Esche
Niittymaki

Gone are LeClair, Amonte, and Recchi. LeClair would have to be bought out. Amonte hopefully can be traded. Recchi is a UFA. Yeah I know Recchi had 75 points in the regular season but it's time to move on. Lapointe and Timander are gone as well.

Simon Gagne-Alexei Zhamnov-Jeremy Roenick
It's time for Gagne to step up and be the #1 guy on left wing. We can no longer have LeClair perform all right in the regular season and check into the witness protection program come April. Gagne is in his prime and has the potential to do this. Zhamnov is the most skilled player on this team and needs to be re-signed. Roenick is fine at RW.

Jeff Carter-Michal Handzus-Teemu Selanne
Yeah I know, Selanne. I'll get to him. Carter is the future of this team. He'll disappear in April but I'm thinking of the future. There seems to be some Handzus trade talk but I believe he is the perfect #2 center after a highly skilled #1 center. Now Selanne. Horrible year in Colorado, but because of that he should come cheap. Hitchcock loves Finns because of their excellent two-way play (although I'm not sure about Selanne). Give him a (second) chance. If not, perhaps sub someone else (UFA or trade) in here.

Steve Konowalchuk-Keith Primeau-Sami Kapanen
Perfect checking line.

Donald Brashear-Patrick Sharp-Branko Radivojevic
I'd love to move Brashear's huge contract but he is necessary to this team.

Defense
Nothing wrong this this current corps. Malakhov will be difficult to re-sign.

Goalies
Eshce is still the man. He should only be better next year. Didn't steal any games in the ECF, but he'll get better with time. Burke's contract is too big to keep. Niittymaki or bring in a backup.