View Single Post
Old
05-14-2008, 02:54 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaditude View Post
I think we should also give credit to management who gave a chance to those players to show what they can do, unlike the Houle era where you were supposed to dominate the AHL just to have a snif with the Habs. I'm not saying Ward, Chouinard, Matt Higgins, Terry Ryan and brad Brown would be all stars today but they might be NHL players if the organisation would've given a chance to their prospects.

I'm not taking anything away from Timmins, he's great but I'm pretty sure Plekanec, Higgins would've rotten in the minors if Houle and Tremblay were still in charge. I think in the Habs case, the change in mentally from the management is a big part of the turn around this franchise made over the last few years.
Very good point. Gainey has allowed his players to get chances and flourish in the right levels. Sergei is a good example. He saw the potential and skill in Sergei's game, so he brought him up. Sergei flourished in the role he was given and became a solid contributor to the team the rest of the year and the playoffs. The jury is still out on Latendresse, but I like what he has done with O'byrne, Chipchura, Price, Lapierre and Halak.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote