View Single Post
Old
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I disagree. We have a lot of quality defensive prospects, but on offense, we don't have anybody that really stands out other than MaxPac.
D'Agostini, Maxwell, Locke, Chipchura are all interesting but none of them are gonna be impact players IMO. Maybe Chipchura will become a great 3rd liner, but thats as far as it goes.

Our depth in terms of offense with prospects is not that great.
So i expect Timmins to be on the watch for interesting fowards for the next 2 drafts.

To be quite honest, nowadays, i don't think you can have the luxury of screwing up some draft picks. If you look at the salaries given to young players, we will part ways with some of our prospects. So its important to keep and always keep on drafting well.
Forward is deeper than you suggest but the 1st liners are not there.

MaxPac and Maxwell are the only potential impact offensive player (possible 1st liners) in the bunch....

White, Chipchura, D'Agostini, Stewart, project as third/fourth liners, maybe theres a second liner in that bunch, but the jury is out.

Trotter, Wyman, Conboy, are still projects and we really don't know what we have and if they will ever crack the NHL.

We need to go for a first line potential offensive prospect.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote