View Single Post
Old
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaditude View Post
I think we should also give credit to management who gave a chance to those players to show what they can do, unlike the Houle era where you were supposed to dominate the AHL just to have a snif with the Habs. I'm not saying Ward, Chouinard, Matt Higgins, Terry Ryan and brad Brown would be all stars today but they might be NHL players if the organisation would've given a chance to their prospects.

I'm not taking anything away from Timmins, he's great but I'm pretty sure Plekanec, Higgins would've rotten in the minors if Houle and Tremblay were still in charge. I think in the Habs case, the change in mentally from the management is a big part of the turn around this franchise made over the last few years.
They did get their chances...even with other organization and coulden't crack their lineups. Face it, these kids were duds for the most part and just did not have the talent or luck or heart to play in the NHL.

Brad Brown did end up playing 330 games in the NHL. Jason Ward played 335 games in the NHL. Chouinard played 90 games. Terry Ryan was extremly talented and had great point totals in the WHL the year he got drafted (50G, 60A in 70 games) but I think he had concussion problems and well...Matt Higgins was just a bad choice. He has never done anything and can't even crack a point per game in the DEL

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote