View Single Post
Old
05-15-2008, 12:01 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Yes, I don't think its fair to hold that against Savard. that was all management.

Eric Lindros anyone? I don't know about most of you guys but I really thought from what I was fed by the media that he was over his concussions and would be the Lindros of old when he dominated the league... did anyone else feel this way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
He could have had two Gretzkys on his wing and the results probably would have been the same. His choices were to play his style and miss 25-30 games, or play the safe style and get through 82 games with very little production.
I give Lindros a huge amount of credit for even stepping on the ice at all after all of his concussion problems.

I certainly didn't think he'd ever be the same player with us that he was in his heyday. As someone who's had three of them, I can tell you that you never recover completely from concussions, and knowing in the back of your mind that every time you step on the ice it could be your last has to take a mental toll on you, I don't care who you are.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote