View Single Post
Old
05-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Habitants

vCash: 500
i think at this point Chips should be a lock. he played a good amount of hockey last season for the habs, and the fact that he did not come back after he got sent down was a dissapointment.

i look forward to seeing him on the 3rd line between higgins and Skost.
that will create a very solid offensive and defensive 3rd line that could get a good amount of chances. my lineup for next season remains as follows

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Koivu-UFA
Higgins-Chipchura-Kostitsyn
Bégin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

i do beleive Latendresse will be better off playing on a line with koivu, he needs to play top 6 to be effective in terms of points, and i think he is at his best when he plays with saku.

the second rookie is up in the air, it will depend on the FA situation, and where there will be a need. with forwards leaving there could be a spot available, but it could also be taken by a UFA, which seems to be BG target.

but if streit does not stay and breezer is not kept, thre could also be a spot on D. i thnk valentenko could be the best option.

i could also see Stewart staying with the team to play on the fourth line in rotation as the 13 forward. i liked what i saw from him in his limited exposure at the end of the season.

needless to say there will be a couple of battle for roster spots, and the players will have to earn them

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote