View Single Post
Old
05-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I got this from the Devils board, who got it from the Leafs board. So thanks to the Devils and the Leafs.

When MLSE President Richard Peddie fired John Ferguson Jr. he told people in the organization that he will get a superstar to fill the position. Outside of Brian Burke and Lou Lamoriello I really canít think of any. Burkeís superstar status took a slight dive after his recent first round exit.

Peddie has failed at his attempt to get Detroit GM Ken Holland and his right hand man Jim Nill when Red Wings Ownership denied Torontoís request to speak with them last year.

Iím hearing Detroit is back on the radar, only this time itís Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman the Leafs are after.

Speaking of the Leafs why would they buy out Darcy Tucker? It makes no sense. The Biggest mistake the Leafs made was notifying Tuckerís people that they are considering a buyout. If thatís the case why in the world would Tucker accept a trade? I think he would gladly accept a buyout check for around $6 million and then become a free agent. There are at least 7-8 teams who would gladly sign Tucker to a $3 million dollar a year contract this summer. I didnít even mention if they buy him out Tucker would remain a cap hit for the next six years.

Same goes with Bryan McCabe who is owed 4.1 million each of the next two years even though his cap hit is around 5.7 million. There is a major false conception that McCabe would only accept a trade to the Islanders. I hear his only demand is to stay in the East. He would accept a trade to the Rangers, Devils, Flyers, possibly even Atlanta who had serious interest in him last season.

What do you guys think?
Erase this before anyone else sees it. I proposed a trade for McCabe and was practically chased out of town.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote