View Single Post
Old
05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Well yeah, 65-70% of the players in the league are from here, so I can't argue that, but you look everywhere, and draft anywhere. The guys that you are envisoning may already be in the pipeline, just not ready to contribute.
I know that, there's no "magical land" that only produces one type of player.

My favorite bit on this toughness/size issue was from davedave:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave;
Apart from Koivu and Kovalev, Higgins and SKostitsyn showed some willingness to play that game. While you want every player to be willing, you can't expect your smaller skilled players to always go to the front of the net to be abused by the Hatchers and Charas of the league. Likewise, you don't just want your skilled players to be willing to battle in the corners, you also want a player who relishes going into the corners to really give it to the other team's defencemen.
Not many of our current prospects combine bully-nature with scoring talent. Heck, not many seem capable of bullying anyone. Where are you most likely going to find guys who can fill that role? Sweden? Switzerland?

And when will Jimmy Bonneau get at least an acknowledgement from the big club that he is the single guy in the cupboard who can do what he does?

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote