View Single Post
Old
05-16-2008, 04:17 AM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Toronto is only going to trade him to dump cap. They aren't going to take crap back just to get rid of him unless you put something decent in the deal.

However, I highly doubt we're going to send a 1st rounder to Toronto for just McCabe. If we did, I'd want Steen coming back.

Isn't that why he makes more money?
Toronto doesn't particularly have a deep pool of prospects so they'd probably take any prospect or young player that has fallen out of favour for a high priced player that they want to shed off the roster and payroll.

I would say McCabe sucks but seeing him in Vancouver and then sort of keeping track of him after his stint on the Canucks and Hawks, the guy isn't all that bad of a defenseman. Some guys just hit a rut on some teams, i mean if he comes to the Rangers and turns into a solid powerplay qb like he was once, how bad would Ranger fans feel for giving up a few prospects that might or might not pan out and a player that's been in the dog house for a while?

Just posting as a general hockey fan. Relax with the troll crap - if it even crosses someone's mind.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote