View Single Post
Old
05-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Squeaky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
I'm under the impression these 4 players are the building blocks of the Hamilton offense in a couple of years.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I really don't think so, some of them might mature up to be good players, but I still think the prime offense in AHL teams come from guys drafted in the 2 first rounds by the parent team.

If Paccioretty signs, he will likely play in Hamilton all year with Maxwell and Wyman, for example. This would easily be the first bulldogs line.(Or D'Agostini at Wyman's spot)

Then theres White, Trotter, Corey Locke who said hes willing to stay. He will most likely play LW with the addition of Maxwell and White.

Maxpac-Maxwell-D'Agostini
Locke - White - Wyman
-Trotter-

+ AHL vets(I don't follow their contract situation a lot) guys like Milroy, Baines etc.
I'm not going to say that Max and White won't be the top 2 centers in Hamilton next year, but I will say that I won't be terribly surprised if they aren't. Some players need at least a season to adjust to the AHL coming from juniors. Guys like Balej, Hossa, Plekanec, Kostitsyn the elder and even Locke himself took some time to be effective. White in particular might be better suited on the 3rd or 4th lines for a while, much like Chipchura was iirc.