View Single Post
Old
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
The Goaltending Guru

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Goaltending Guru
I don't play in too serious of a league. I play in a rec league where goalies play for free and the rink is kind of a dump as far as the bathrooms and whatnot. The locker rooms are decent, but it's basically an old warehouse with no insulation and no heat or air conditioning. I have yet to see any goalie in any of the divisions at this place wearing a customized mask. They all wear just a plain white mask. Most teams don't even have matching jerseys, since your team is not required to have team jerseys. I am the goalie for the house team in the intermediate division.

So, to be perfectly honest, would it even be worth it for me to get a cool customized mask done up, or should I just buy an already-customized goalie mask off the shelf at my local hockey shop, if I want the "cool feeling" of having an awesome goalie mask?

I guess the only thing I have against that is that I don't want to just go out and get a mask that anyone else in the league can go out and buy or find on the internet too. I want to be a little unique. But on the other hand, I don't want to be laughed at for being a dork for actually having a customized mask when I play in a rec league.

The Goaltending Guru is offline   Reply With Quote