[SWE] Steen or Eriksson?
View Single Post
05-24-2004, 05:23 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
1. Has a brighter future?
2. Is a safer bet?
3. Will be the better player for his NHL team as well as the National team?
4. Was most consistent throughout the season?
And looking at playoff performance, which player was the major reason both put up great numbers?
1) Can't answer this question really. Both look very interesting and while Steen is more well rounded at this point, Eriksson is also a quite complete player IMO. Has more physical strength and speed than Steen, but Steen is definitely not a soft player. Can't go wrong with anyone, I'll stay with that.
2) Alexander Steen (older, more experienced, very mature, already a leader basically)
3) Another tough question, would have been easier had they been of equal age and both played in the SEL for the same amount of time. As for the NHL I have no real clue, but for the national team I'll assume Steen will be a top 2 center for years to come.. when Foppa and Sudden retires. Eriksson is a good scorer and those are needed as well, but I'll go with Steen.
4) Definitely Eriksson. Steen had 20-25 games where he actually did not score a single point I believe and did not play as well as earlier. Bounced back in the playoff. Eriksson did not see a lot of ice-time throughout the season but always played his fearless game and as he got adjusted to the play it resulted in quite a few points at the end of the season.
5) Steen was among the best players in the playoffs (with the exception of the very last games, perhaps), so Steen is my answer here.
View Public Profile
Visit Predatore's homepage!
Find More Posts by Predatore