View Single Post
Old
05-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
i completely agree with most of the posters on this bored that the habs should start looking into getting a homerun quality first line center or winger. With Koivu and Kovalev getting closer and closer to retirement we need to get someone to replace them. Out of all our picks i only see max-pac having the potential to be a first liner (i never saw maxwell play so i cant comment on him). Maybe during this draft we should try to move up a few spots to get our "homerun" pick. Maybe trade our 25th pick and a mid level prospect (white, carle, grabovski etc) to move up a few spots. I think kyle beech would be ideal but he'll be probally gone by then.
We'd probably have to go up to Vancouver's spot (my guess is they can't turn down a potential franchise center with their limited offensive prospect pool) and that would cost so much to get there.
I'd go for later picks with big risk like Petrov (Antropov-like winger), Grachev (top line potential, big question marks) or Joe Colborne (not sold on this guy). Three guys who could develop into big-time players, but who could also never play in the NHL or just be 3rd liners.
Anyways, we need to start thinking about guys with high ceilings because I don't know how much guys will be going from the AHL to the NHL in future years, because we have loads of young guys on the team.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote