View Single Post
Old
05-17-2008, 11:36 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I disagree.

Potential Markets? Obviously the US is always going to have a larger "potential" market due to its immense population. But that's all it really is, potential. With Canada's landmass, we have the "potential" to one day match the US's population.. But I wouldn't count on that either.

The Canadian & World economies are in much different shape then they we're when the Nords folded in 95 and moved to Denver. The Canadian Dollar is at parity and the with the new CBA it is less of a chance then it was back in the day to operate in Canada.

The only thing blocking a Canadian businessman from stealing a US market team is Gary Bettman and his cronies. Fact.
Nah, I don't think so. I think we would have a team in Quebec city by next year if we could build an arena. The cost of entry is just quite big in Quebec(550m USD). In Winnipeg this is where theres bigger market flags, but I still think it could be viable, they just shoot themselves a bit in the foot by not building a 17500 seats arena. Hamilton could have a team tomorrow, MLSE is blocking it.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote