View Single Post
Old
05-17-2008, 12:16 PM
carbomustgo07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
None!!!

I think the Habs should fill the roster spots with veteran free agent players who have been playing for a few years. We had a lot of rookies and relatively in-experienced players on the roster last year and we done good all season long, but never got anywhere in the playoffs.
I think we need to worry about progressing the players we have now and surround them with good free agents instead of introducing more rookies into the lineup.

We need to add some grit and size upfront and our defence is pretty secure right now, so unless a rookie comes into camp and proves he is the best player to fill any open roster spots, I would rather see a veteran there instead.

We can't continue to be the youngest team in the league every year, we have to give the youngsters we have now a chance to grow and learn from the veterans around them.
I completely agree. If we bring in another rookie or two, thne there will be little experience. We need to concentrate on developing and training the rookies we already have. If a veteran player isn't brought in, we will have even less experinece than the past season, and our chances to succeed in the playoffs will be minimal.

carbomustgo07 is offline   Reply With Quote