View Single Post
Old
05-24-2004, 12:59 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I was away this weekend, in Harrisburg visiting some family, but of course I got to watch Game 7.

Some thoughts.

That loss was devistating. It was as bad as the 2000 collapse in terms of what it meant (great shot at the Cup), but it did not leave a bad taste in my mouth. This team seemed like a team destined for greatness, and in some ways, even without the Cup, they did as much.

Keith Primeau. What more can I say? Keith inspired us all with his play. His refuse to die attitude is stuff legends are made of, and it's a pitty that he did not have a better fate.

Robert Esche. What a run this kid had. He strapped the team on his back against New Jersey and finally helped us exercise our "Demons". Robert should also be commended for Game 7. He made 16 saves in the second period, and in the third gave this team every chance to win. Great run Chico.

Danny Markov & Vladimir Malahkov. Both of these guys had fantastic runs. If Danny Markov is not a fan favorate by now, he should be. Malahkov made Desjardins loss less of an issue.

Simon Gagne. Thanks for responding to Clarke's challange, it was great to see.

Jeremy Roenick. Toughest SOB in the entire league.

Kim Johnsson. Great season, and great playoff run. Get that hand taken care of because you are irreplaceable.

Mattias Timander. Pretty good for an 8th rounder eh? Please come back next season if you can.

Michel Handzus. Thanks for being the Zeus.

Sean Burke. Great job with the doors, and for being a bud to Chico.

Branko Radivojevic. Heart and soul.

I'm probably missing somebody, but there is a whole summer to reconise their efforts if I did. No bashing in this thread for me, only thanks.
let me add the name Sammi Kapanen--did EVERYTHING what was asked of him this season. He would have played goal if was asked. the ultimate team player. He can play for this team any day.