View Single Post
Old
05-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Uwey

vCash: 500
Defense may see some of the best battles in training camp this fall. O'Byrne may hold the hammer right now, but I'll bet there will others pushing him & or Gorges for positions. Valentenko & Carle will be pushing hard for a spot & rumour has it, the team is really going to push to get Emelin to Canada this summer & get him signed. It is thought that the player development dept. of the Habs feel he is the best Canadiens prospect not in a Habs uniform at this time.

I believe Chipchura & Stewart have the best chances at the forward position IMO to stick, but I feel that maybe either Wyman or Trotter may turn some heads in camp as well, pushing Aubin & D'Agostini as the next in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Chipchura and Stewart for me also, I think that O'Byrne will mature with playing all year on Hamrlik's side, and Bouillon and Gorges are surprising to watch, they have really good chemistry... and IMO Bouillon redeemed himself this year.

Ryder, good riddance. Smolinski will leave, so will Brisebois, and Dandy, pfff whatever...

Chipchura will be a welcome addition, his 'puck stealing' skill, defensive awareness and size were missing. And Stewart, he could become something special... not a scoring machine by any means, but he could become a wonderful 4th line player, alongside Lapierre and Kostopoulos.
I would like to see Tommy Kop moved onto a line with maybe Koivu & Higgins. He goes to the net, adds some grit & showed in the playoffs that he can score dirty goals, something this team doesn't do much of. I also believe that Lapierre could bring the same to this team if given a couple of offensive players to play with. Neither will light up the scoreboard, but they could provide some distraction to give some of the more talented players a little extra time to weave their magic & cause some headaches for opposing goaltenders.

IMO, Latendresse is the guy who needs to take a step forward next season. I still believe it was a huge mistake not sending him to hamilton for tons of ice time last season.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-17-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote