View Single Post
Old
05-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Uwey

vCash: 500
Here's my take on it, yes the table is set, as I feel Gainey & company now have a very good idea which young players & prospects they plan to move ahead with, moreso than they had the past couple of years.

I think Gainey will put out feelers to see what kind of a return they would get for, Halak, Gorges, O'Bryne, Chipchura, Grabovski(for sure), Lapierre, Latendresse, Perezoghin & maybe a couple of the prospects, Fischer, Emelin(although it sounds like the Habs are really, really horny to get this kid over here), Weber &/or Maxwell.

Offer a pkg deal that could be attractive!!Say would the Avs, Oilers or Hawks maybe interested in a pkg that included Halak? Would the Hawks be interested in Halak with only another year left on Khabibulin's contract? Would they give up a guy like Seabrook for say Halak, Gorges & a pick? Would the Avs entertain tthe idea of moving maybe Wolski for Halak, Latendresse & Zoghin or a pick? Would the Oil be interested in moving Stoll &/or Pitkanen for a pkg that included Halak, Gorges &/or other or picks?

In some cases would it be overpaying in a trade? Probably, but this team now have the resourse to do just that to put certain pieces into place.

I really feel that Gainey will be more willing to do some wheeling & dealing at the draft table & up until July 1st, that he would not have been interested in doing in past seasons!!! The ground work has been laid, now the task of putting some of the proper pieces in place starts to come into play!!!

BTW, I believe Gainey will make a huge pitch to the Sundin camp this summer, offering him a chance to stay in Canada, surround him with some good young talent & an opportunity to make a charge in the playoffs for a least one more season without having to carry the entire team on his back. Saku & Alex would should more of the leadership than he would & the Habs wouldn't have to over commit with a long term, expensive contract.

I think it would be awesome see that big body, being setup by #74 or maybe playing pivot between both of the Kostitsyn bros.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote