View Single Post
Old
05-19-2008, 07:24 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
The thing with giving up Tyutin is he's still very young and he's established himself as a solid top 4. Some may think he's too inconsistent. There are things that people miss here. Despite the lack of points he has good skills--he can carry the puck out of his zone--he's a very good passer. He's a guy who plays a physical game (led the team in hits) without contstantly making trips to the penalty box. Though I expect Stall to surpass him soon as a more physical player--Fedor was our most physical defenseman last year. That being said getting Pitkanen here without moving Staal, Tyutin or Girardi would give us a very young--but also a very solid top 4. I would really like that group. Two other players I would not like to move--Cherepanov and Sanguinetti. Dubinsky is also out. I'd consider draft picks including high ones, Anisimov (that one would hurt) , Prucha, Dawes (who IMO still has a lot of upside), Callahan, Korpikoski and of course Backman as pieces I'd be willing to package.

On the subject of Robert Lang again--his name pops up every year. We are talking about a 38 year old center. The Rangers do not need to get older. We have enough centerman--and three of them are superior to Lang IMO (Gomez, Drury, Dubinsky). I've of the opinion that Robert hasn't always played with a lot of heart. I've never particularly cared for him--that's just one opinion though--there are others who see him differently. At his age though and considering we don't look to have a lot of cap space he's definitely out.

Last edited by eco's bones: 05-19-2008 at 07:33 AM.
eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote