View Single Post
Old
05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
Ok, I am just wondering how this goes. To me, Umberger and Jones are definites to be in the Orange and Black next season at a hit of about $4 million combined and that is being conservative in my opinion. Then you have kids coming that you have to factor, Claude Giroux will undoubtedly be an NHL player at about $0.85 cap hit. Also, I think Richards' number is actually $6.625, not the $5.75 you have listed. That is an additional $0.9 million. Total between those four players $5.75 million and you still only have 5 defenseman (need 2 more), and 12 forwards (need at least 1 more) and less than $3 million left to cover those guys.

To get 3 players under $3 million dollars you need to be quite thrifty and it seems to me, that Jeff Carter is the piece that does not get accounted for anywhere. Do you guys disagree? Do you think there is a chance Carter will be back in the orange and black?
They will move bodies in order to keep Carter next year. I see a very likely scenario where Umberger is traded.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote