View Single Post
Old
05-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
If Vinny is selling his house in Tampa, its likely to buy another, bigger house in Tampa!!!! I don't see him playing for the Canadiens...EVER!!!

Why would he want to? There is a ton of pressure in Montreal, especially for a french-canadian like himself.

I would love to see it happen, but I doubt it ever will. I know I wouldn't leave sunny Tampa Bay to play hockey in freezing cold Montreal where the french media tears you apart if you don't score 5 points every game.
All very true, but it might be another story now that we are a bit closer to the cup. It's one thing to come here and be on a losing team. It's a whole different story to play for Montreal when they are winning.

I'm still not betting the house that Vinny will be coming to Montreal anytime soon. But with the way our team has improved, and the way things have happened in Tampa since he signed his extension. The chances have definitely improved in our favour over the last couple of years.