View Single Post
Old
05-19-2008, 02:59 PM
LV Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
I suggested we should trade a 2nd round pick and Bouillon + D'Ago for him. That's not even close to as much as Parent, Upshall and a 1st rounder.

Higgins also should be on the third line giving us three potential scoring lines, it's just my opinion that it would be worth the gamble to try to go after Havlat. Obviously there is a huge chance he could get hurt again but if healthy we get a star player for a small price.
Mtl. have not been successful with free agency in the past, I hope it changes this year, but a trade like this is very much worth the risk of losing a 2nd rounder. The Habs have a very strong chance at taking the east next season, but they do need a top forward addition. The future is bright, but next season is most likely Mtl's best shot at the cup for a few seasons. Pittsburgh believed in their ability to make it this year and they paid a heavy price to get Hossa, but it got them to the finals and may get them a cup. Without the additions of Hossa and Gill it would be harder to picture them in the finals.

Chomsky there comes a time when you have to give up a pick or a prospect if it helps the team reach that next level. I wouldn't say Havlat is plan A or B, but at a discounted price he is worth the risk of giving up a 2nd round pick. I doubt Gainey is stock pilling picks just so the Habs draft 15 kids in the Bell Center. Anyways they Chicago might want a second rounder in 2008 and not 2009.

I would try and not involve Bouillion in a trade like this as we have no one to replace him and defense is clearly a key to winning a cup.

LV Hab is offline   Reply With Quote