View Single Post
Old
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Lecavalier is 28, in his prime and to be quite honest, Stamkos i doubt will ever be better than Lecavalier.

The return the team could get for Lecavalier is irrelevant, imagine what the Penguins could get for Crosby?..or Malkin?..

And do you realise how beneficial it would be to Stamkos to be mentored by Lecavalier and St-Louis?..
St-Louis might be traded one day, but i dont think Lecavalier will. Only way would be for him to use his UFA status and move, or ask to be traded.

I still think they should pick Doughty though.
I just meant rebuilding as an option and I think it might be a strong one come the trade deadline as Vinny will be a UFA, the Lightning will be out of the playoffs yet again, so why not trade him for a huge return? It is not irrelevant, it is a likely situation.

And like mentioned previously, they have no need for defence. Their problem was goaltending and offence apart from the Big Three. And this only worked because they were over-worked.

Stamkos is going to be a franchise player. He could turn out better than Vinny. Remember, Vinny pretty much sucked until a couple years ago. He'd always have mediocre seasons based on the type of player he was projected to be. It's not too far off to believe Stamkos will have similar numbers.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote