View Single Post
Old
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
lamp9post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Emelin is still under contract in Russia. Won't come over. Korneev might still be under contract, Thief isn't even sure yet. Carle is a RD and will not be able to replace Bouillon's presence on the third pairing. Tank might be able to replace Bouillon, but again, it's not sure yet, plus he's a rookie who just came over to NA. He probably needs more time. Streit is beyond awful on defence, I'd rather keep Bouillon.
I don't understand why we would trade Bouillon. First, this is the last year on his contract and we don't have cap problems, so there is no need to dump his contract. Second, he's the best option we have at his position (i.e. #6D). Counting on tank, Carle, or any other rookie to start the season is a mistake. What happens if someone like hammer gets injured? Our second pairing becomes two of Tank/O'byrne/Gorges? That is not acceptable for a contending team. Finally, if we trade Bouillon, he's exactly the type of player we will likely try to acquire at the trade deadline. So why trade him now for something like a 5th rounder when we will just have to acquire a player like him for a premium price at the deadline (i.e. 2nd rounder like Hal Gill)?

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote