View Single Post
Old
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Lecavalier is 28, in his prime and to be quite honest, Stamkos i doubt will ever be better than Lecavalier.

The return the team could get for Lecavalier is irrelevant, imagine what the Penguins could get for Crosby?..or Malkin?..

And do you realise how beneficial it would be to Stamkos to be mentored by Lecavalier and St-Louis?..
St-Louis might be traded one day, but i dont think Lecavalier will. Only way would be for him to use his UFA status and move, or ask to be traded.

I still think they should pick Doughty though.
First Lecavalier may be in his prime but his team isn't. He and St-Louis are like two jewels in a sea of crap. Either way they are still a bad team and they won't move forward or backward with them in there. Heck they finished last even with Richards in there. People are saying the Senators should undertake a youth movement even with the big three still in there because the ship have sailed and given the lack of depth after the first line they new new to rebuild under stronger foundation. I can see arguments for and against that. Still...it's worth thinking about it. So can you imagine the position Tampa Bay is in? Except for picking first in the draft they are in a worse position is Ottawa are in. In reality it should be outright panic, it should be a fire sale right away, the same as Toronto. In fact getting that first pick should be the linchpin to building something great, new and strong.

Second not picking Stamkos would be insane for anybody anywhere anytime anyplace, whatever the needs are.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote