View Single Post
Old
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
IMO....i think Rolston would be a better fit for Gomez than Gaborik. He is a fast guy who is going to shoot. He isn't going to try all this fancy stuff. Gaborik is more of a Jagr type player and Gomez can't work with that. Rolston is a North South player who isn't going to mess around. He is going to get up in the offensive rush and make something happen. Yes Gaborik is enticing but as far as im concerned, Anisimov, Cherry, Sangs, Dubi, and Staal are all untouchable in the Rangers book. It isn't worth trading them because of how important they are to our future. We are still rebuilding here despite our success the last few years and Sather has to remember that.
Rolston is 36. Can he keep playing at that level?

and I'm sorry but since when did prospects who haven't played a game in North America, or havent played 10 games in the AHL, or haven't played a game in the NHL become untouchable for a player who is almost a PPG in the NHL, is only 26, and is basically a perennial all-star. Am I missing something here? I understand we want some homegrown players but y do people insist on not wanting sure-fire allstars who are young? But want a 36yr old player who is going to be going into the downside of his career. Is 36 the new 26?

Last edited by DontStepanMe: 05-20-2008 at 10:31 AM.