View Single Post
Old
05-20-2008, 12:03 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I am considering him a first rounder, because he is. The fact is that Armstrong is at least an NHL caliber player. Sure he might be a 3rd liner, but he averages 35 points, plays both ends of the ice, has grit, speed and he fights. Do you really think Hugh Jessiman is a viable comparison?

If you want to try and start matching players, the only player on our roster who is comparable to Armstrong in terms of skillset is Avery.

Avery + Callahan + Anisimov + 1st
Gaborik + Radivojevic

Armstrong + Christensen + Esposito + 1st
Hossa + Dupuis

Now at least you're somewhat even in terms of value. But like I said, you're also getting Gaborik for the entire year, which is going to cost you more.
I think Avery is much better than Armstrong, but I see what your saying. I actually think Sjostrom or Dawes is Armstrongs equivalent.

But even if it was Avery I would pull that deal. Sorry but Gabo is that good.

But again we will have to shell out a big contract for Gabo. So I will assume that the contract for Gabo will be about the same as a contract for Hossa. Their skill levels are very comparable to. Hossa isn't as fragile, better defensively. Gabo better offensively. Why not go after Hossa which won't cost us any prospects? Please Sather just go after Hossa.