View Single Post
Old
05-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ya, they really showed how good they were without Boyle this season!

Tampa Bay finished last in the NHL this season, they have more than just ONE main weakness. They have a lot of weaknesses.
Take Boyle out and they probably have the worst D in the league. Now, in all fairness, take Vinny out and they have the weakest offense too.
If they only go by drafting and not trades, it'll take a long time for TB to get back to Stanley Cup material.

I just feel like you should solidify one thing at a time. They've gotten a good goalie, their D is building up but lacks depth IMO and their offense relies solely on 2players.
If i were them, i would continue to bring in depth on D and then focus on Fowards. Very much so like Gainey did with us.

Although i don't think anybody can say taking Stamkos would be a bad move. I mean, imagine they do pick Stamkos, finish last again and get Tavares in the 09 draft. Their offense would simply be phenomenal at that point.

But i just said i wouldnt be surprised if they chose Doughty because im more of a ''finish building one part and then move on to the next one''
Taking Doughty over Stamkos is a bad move... If you have multiple weaknesses you must take the best player available, and Stamkos is surely the BPA.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote