Cap-Hit/Salary Chart 2008-2009 Edition
View Single Post
05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Trying to put together or offseason salary cap and ran into a question.
1. Is Mike Richards "offseason salary" count as $942,400, last year's averaged salary for him, or the averaged amount of his new contract. I am just not sure what it goes by on that one.
Here is what I found:
DURING THE OFFSEASON
In the offseason, the following players count:
1. All players on 1-way contracts, regardless of where (or if) they were playing the previous year.
2. All players on 2-way contracts, in proportion to the number of days spent on an NHL roster the previous season.
3. All RFA's who have been extended a qualifying offer (while the offer is valid), with 1-way QO's counting in full and 2-way QO's counting as described in #2.
4. All RFA's signed to an offer sheet (such players count against the team extending the offer sheet while it is still valid).
5. All ordinary buyouts.
-- Example: A player with an averaged salary of $500,000 and signed to a 2-way contract was on an NHL roster for 94 days in the previous season, which was 188 days long. During the offseason, he will count $500,000 x 94/188 = $250,000. During the season, he will count only while he is on an NHL roster.
View Public Profile
Grant Dovey's albums
Visit Grant Dovey's homepage!
Find More Posts by Grant Dovey