View Single Post
Old
05-24-2004, 10:43 PM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
I think Mcphee really like's Malkin. I think he would have been just as happy getting the #2 pick in the draft and grabbing him.

If I was the GM of the Pens I wouldn't even consider moving up to #1. I think Malkin is going to be a great player. He may not be as great offensivly as Ovechkin, but I think he will be a better 2-way player than Ovechkin is.
I'm not sure where you heard GM would have been as happy w/the #2. He's been totally tight lipped. The Washington Times mention the Caps organization as privately hoping Ovechkin can bring a compariable level of excitement and success to the club as Lemieux did with Pittsburgh.

I also digress at Malkin being a better two-way player. Ovechkin and Malkin are both remarkably good two way players.

IMO the only place Malkin will be as or more effective than Ovechkin is on the powerplay where he may get more points due to assists. He's a more polished passer, and he has such a frame, wingspan to work with. I think Ovy has the potential to pot more goals, especially with Semin, and Fehr down low.